Welcome to BOLLYWOOD MASTI

Hopefully you enjoy reading the posts and looking at the slideshows. Check out the polls and pease subscribe/follow the blog if you like it.

Please please please leave comments at the bottom and look around the page (on the side and below the posts) and you will find polls, slideshows, favorites lists, and much more.

Features:
- Polls
- Labels and Blog Archive
- Contests, Music, and Reviews
- Bollywood
News Flash
- Comments Box
- List of Favorite Movies

Search Bollywood Masti

DesiFilmiMasti Bollywood Playlist

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Salman Khan Through The Years

So Salman Khan is one of the top 3 Khans that rule Bollywood. Personally the three in order of excellence from best to worst are Aamir Khan, Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan. I don't really like Salman Khan much and have never considered him my favorite actor in any way. Now, however, I am beginning to feel otherwise. I think his movies these days are not so great and he hasn't been giving any outstanding performances. I have recently been watching movies from the 80's and 90's, and Salman Khan movies from the 90's just rock.

Well first is Maine Pyar Kiya (1989, but close enough to the 90's). This super duper hit was truly fantastic. Salman Khan and Bhagyashree looked gorgeous together and I think I have seen the movie like 10 times in the last week.

The next movie of his I saw was Saajan. Again he was really really good in it. Although his acting was average in the beginning, the last half hour had really good acting on his part. Of course Sanjay Dutt and Madhuri Dixit were also really good, but in that last scene where he turns with teary eyes and smiles, and then "bahut pyaar karte hain tumko sanam" plays in the background, that brought tears to my eyes. Well done again, Salman.

Then I saw Andaz Apna Apna. Aamir and Salman were both hilarious in that movie. Everyone should watch that movie because there are very few movies that make you laugh from the very beginning to the very end. Salman was adorable and lovable in that movie and his duffer character was very well portrayed. So once again, an awesome movie from Salman.

The next movie was the super hit Hum Aapke Hain Kaun, and Salman was too good in that. Paired opposite Madhuri again in yet another Rajshri production, Salman Khan played an adorable brother-in-law in addition to his pairing with Madhuri. He handled the duality of his role beautifully to give this performance. Of course he was probably already comfortable with the cast, because he played Prem (again!!) with a lot of the same supporting cast.

Then the movie Karan Arjun came costarring SRK. This movie was not one of my favorites by any means. Actually I thought the movie was really crappy, so I won't go into any detail about that. In the 90's for Salman Khan, in my opinion (which is limited to the movies I have seen), this was his first bad movie.

Judwaa was next and starred Salman in a double role. Personally I thought the movie was very average but I still like it and watch it every time it comes on tv.

Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya is an awesome movie and I have seen that a few times as well, and again, every time it comes on tv, I watch it. I actually thought he was Arbaaz Khan's younger brother in reality during this movie and found out later that it was the other way around. The role definitely suited him and his casting opposite Kajol worked out nicely.

Jab Pyaar Kisise Hota Hai was another great movie. Aditya Narayan was adorable and Salman Khan was a playboy...again. The character changes and Salman Khan plays it very well. The gorgeous Twinkle Khanna and talented Johnny Lever only help to bring the movie even more to life.

Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Hum Saath Saath Hain, Jaanam Samjha Karo, Biwi No. 1, and Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam are next. He had a pretty small role in the first and the last here, but of course he did those well. Biwi No. 1 was not at all one of my favorite movies though, so no comment there. Hum Saath Saath Hain, another Rajshri production with the same supporting cast again...and of course another super cheesy yet pretty good movie. Of the Rajshri's, Maine Pyar Kiya was my favorite, then Hum Aapke Hain Kaun, and then Hum Saath Saath Hain, but all of them are really good and worth the watch. The cultural aspects are really nice and pleasant. Jaanam Samjha Karo (playboy role again) was good. Urmila did an awesome job opposite Salman Khan, and this was probably one of my favorite Salman Khan movies in terms of his acting.

The last two movies of Salman in which I thought he was actually good were Chal Mere Bhai and Har Dil Jo Pyaar Karega. Loved him in both, and both are lovely movies as well.

Of these movies, he played the role of "Prem" and that of a playboy several times...and he has taken his shirt off in even more movies. After this time period though, Salman lost his innocent face and physique and starting gaining his gangster (gunda) look. His movies started losing the meaning and charm they had. One thing I loved about Salman was his innocent and honest look, which he lost. I hope Salman starts taking more meaningful movies again that are not based on just the modern stuff...you know what I am talking about. Heroes and Yuvvraj were good movies, but somehow I don't get the appeal from him in his current movies

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget