Welcome to BOLLYWOOD MASTI

Hopefully you enjoy reading the posts and looking at the slideshows. Check out the polls and pease subscribe/follow the blog if you like it.

Please please please leave comments at the bottom and look around the page (on the side and below the posts) and you will find polls, slideshows, favorites lists, and much more.

Features:
- Polls
- Labels and Blog Archive
- Contests, Music, and Reviews
- Bollywood
News Flash
- Comments Box
- List of Favorite Movies

Search Bollywood Masti

DesiFilmiMasti Bollywood Playlist

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Upcoming Movies

Soo I'm about to talk about Kaminey, New York, Kambakht Ishq, 3 Idiots, Love Aaj Kal, and Munna Bhai Chale Amerika...in no particular order

1. Kamineystarring Shahid Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra- I am eager to see their pair because both are very good looking and even more popular. Shahid Kapoor's memorable pairs have been opposite Amrita Rao, Kareena Kapoor, and Ayesha Takia...and personally I think Priyanka and Shahid make an adorable couple. I'm totally psyched to see them sizzle on screen. Now speaking of Shahid Kapoor and Ayesha Takia...whatever happened to Paathshaala? It just kind of disappeared with the whole war and all. I was really looking forward to that as well because their pair is one of the best I've seen...they both have that childish yet mature look and ambience. Anyways back to Kaminey. Unfortunately the trailer made the look really weird and dull...and the names Charlie and Guddu don't suit Shahid. Sweety doesn't really suit Priyanka either but we'll be seeing both of them in completely different roles. I'm excited to see how this one turns out. The last movie Vishal Bharadwaj directed was Omkara and he hasn't really had many outstanding movies...let's hope for the best.

2. New Yorkstarring Neil Nitin Mukesh, John Abraham, and Katrina Kaif- Neil Nitin Mukesh has managed to stay under the radar. Johnny Gaddaar is a movie that not very many people even know about...let alone have seen. Same with Aa Dekhen Zara. Aa Dekhen Zara came out during the war and not many theaters took it. It did poorly with sales, but Neil Nitin Mukesh still has a promising career. He has acted extremely well and I really like his selection of movies...all 3 of his movies mentioned here are thrillers/action movies. I have great hopes for him. I am soo excited to see him with John and Katrina. Both of them have matured in acting since they entered the film industry and the three make a cute set of friends. Other movies have tried to capture the post 9-11 atmosphere in America and have failed miserably. Hopefully this won't be one of those.

3. Kambakht Ishqstarring Akshay Kumar and Kareena Kapoor- This one seems like a nice...or maybe not so nice... comedy. I am sort of nervous about the chemistry and all...apparently Akshay treats Kareena like a kid sister and in the movie he makes out with her...awkward!!! Soo the story is basically a war of the sexes...who's better...man or woman? Akshay is a male shovenist basically and he is the stuntman of the year. Kareena is the supermodel of the year and completely defies what Akshay thinks a woman is good for....or that's what it seemed like to me from the trailer. I am looking forward to the special appearences by people like Sylvester Stallone because he is a complete legend when it comes to Hollywood. Overall though, I am expecting a hilarious comedy with some fun and masti. Another one I'm waiting for.

4. 3 Idiotsstarring Aamir Khan, R. Madhavan, Sharman Joshi, Kareena Kapoor, and Boman Irani- I am sooo excited for this movie. Aamir Khan always gives me something to look forward to and somehing to trule appreciate. The rest of the cast is pretty good too. I don't like Madhavan that much, but he's okay. Sharman Joshi is adorable and hilarious, and Boman Irani is just amazing. Kareena Kapoor had really grown as an actor over the years and lately has been acting pretty well. I think it's safe to say that Jab We Met was really a turning point for her in terms of acting and she has done better since that. It is writted, produced, and directed by the makers of the Munna Bhai soon-to-be trilogy, so I am expected tons of laughs. Now I'm about to say something that may disappoint thousands of people out there, but I think Shah Rukh Khan is the most overrated actor in the industry and he really does not deserve the popularity and fame he has. That's my opinion though, and many have already tried and failed to change it. Why am I talking about SRK rather than the movie now? Well SRK was originally cast for 3 Idiots and he turned it down. I am soo thankful for that. Anyways, this movie hasn't really been publicized much and as far as I know the trailer isn't out, so I can't say much more for it. All I really know right now is that this is supposed to be another Aamir Khan Christmas release.

5. Love Aaj Kalstarring Saif Ali Khan and Deepika Padukone- Saif Ali Khan has become one of my favorite actors lately. He has been doing some really different roles very well and has shown his maturity and versitality as an actor. Deepika has completely failed to impress me though. She is not really that pretty...there are many much prettier actresses in Bollywood. Her acting hasn't been amazing in the slightest and the way she talks is very unappealing. She needs to redeem herself with Love Aaj Kal because it is a role that she can relate to, which is a modern woman (for the most part in the trailer). This movie seems really funny but there was a lot of almost kissing in the trailer and I don't know how that will go over with the Indian public. Saif Ali Khan looks quite young in the trailer, as opposed to at the Filmfares earlier this year, and both seem to make a nice couple. I am not really sure how this movie will turn out, but I will defiintely watch it. It's coming out this July...as of now at least.

6. Munna Bhai Chale Amerikastarring Sanjay Dutt and Arshad Warsi- I have waited for I think over a year now for this movie to come out. The date has yet to be finalized. The movie was rumored to be discontinued and then rumored again to be recontinued so I have no idea where it stands now. This movie would complete the trilogy of Munna Bhai. When Munna Bhai MBBS came out, people had few hopes initially but came out with a WOW feeling. Lage Raho Munna Bhai was also amazing with a message and most people agreed that this defied all laws of movie series in that the second outdid the first. The trailer for Munna Bhai Chale Amerika was hilarious and got my hopes up for another movie packed with both tears and laughs. I just hope the movie still releases...and I will be sitting in the theater for the first day first show.

So those are the main movies I am looking forward to. And the honorable mention goes to...drum roll please... Milenge Milenge! Word is that Kareena has agreed to finish shooting this movie with Shahid and this movie may release. I have no idea what the movie is about, but hey...it's Kareena and Shahid, and after Jab We Met, who can deny that this pair is going to rock again?

Okay well that's it for now. Please leave your views on this post...or anything Bollywod really...here. Thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget